Watch on YouTube: https://youtu.be/iWTbFMvzMwg
From the Coin Laundry Association:
- No Technical Solution Available at Commercial Laundry Scale –no such filters nor filtration systems exist for laundromat washers at a scale required for consistent compliance.
- Legislation Ought to Exempt Commercial Washers
- Customer Property in Garments would Disable Filters – items commonly found in commercial washer drain valves would immediately disable any microfiber filter.
- Extended Agitation Would Cause Garments to Shed Additional Microfibers – Commercial washers are equipped with sensors that monitor the effectiveness of the drain function – if water is draining slowly, the wash drum will continue to rotate for as long as 40 minutes waiting for the wastewater to drain.
- Per Washer Filtration Would Consume More Water & Energy and Generate More Waste – A per-washer filtration system would result in massively more waste and water/energy consumption.
- Per Washer Filtration Would Cause Mechanical Failures
- Per Washer Filtration Would Add Significantly to Cost – These costs would be passed along as a burden to the lowest income families
Call, leave a voicemail, AND send your Senator an e-mail! Make your voice heard.
|Member||District||Cities||District Phone #|
|Senator Benjamin Allen, Chair||SD 24||Agoura Hills, Beverly Hills, Calabasas, El Segundo, Hermosa Beach, Hidden Hills, Lomita, Malibu, Manhattan Beach, Palos Verdes Estates, Rancho Palos Verdes, Redondo Beach, Rolling Hills, Rolling Hills Estates, Santa Monica, Torrance, West Hollywood, Westlake Village, and southern portions of Gardena.||(310) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Senator Brian Dahle, Vice Chair||SD 01||Alturas, Anderson, Biggs, Chico, Colfax, Colusa, Corning, Dorris, Dunsmuir, Etna, Fort Jones, Grass Valley, Gridley, Live Oak, Loyalton, Marysville, Montague, Mount Shasta, Nevada City, Orland, Oroville, Portola, Red Bluff, Redding, Shasta Lake, Susanville, Tehama, Tulelake, Weed, Wheatland, Williams,||Bieber office: (530) 294-5000,
Gold River: (916) 464-4201,
Redding: (530) 224-7001
|Senator Lena Gonzalez||SD 33||Avalon, Bell, Bell Gardens, Commerce, Cudahy, Huntington Park, Lakewood, Long Beach, Lynwood, Maywood, Paramount, Signal Hill, and South Gate.||Huntington Park: (323) 277-4560,
Long Beach: (562) 256-7921
|Senator Melissa Hurtado||SD 16||Arvin, Avenal, Corcoran, Delano, Dinuba, Farmersville, Hanford, Kingsburg, Lemoore, Lindsay, McFarland, Porterville, Wasco, and Woodlake, and portions of the Cities of Bakersfield, Shafter, Tulare, and Visalia.||Bakersfield: (661) 395-2620,
Hanford: (559) 585-7161,
Tulare: (559) 685-1202
|Senator Caroline Menjivar||SD 20||Burbank, San Fernando, and a portion of the City of Los Angeles.||(818) email@example.com|
|Senator Janet Nguyen||SD 36||Artesia, Cerritos, Cypress, Dana Point, Fountain Valley, Hawaiian Gardens, Huntington Beach, Laguna Beach, La Palma, Los Alamitos, Newport Beach, San Clemente, Seal Beach, Stanton, and Westminster, and portions of the Cities of Buena Park and Garden Grove.||(714) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Senator Nancy Skinner||SD 07||Alameda, Albany, Berkeley, El Cerrito, Emeryville, Hercules, Oakland, Piedmont, Pinole, Richmond, and San Pablo.||(510) email@example.com|
|Assemblymember Tina McKinnor||AD 61||Inglewood, Lawndale, Hawthorne, and portions of the Cities of Gardena and Los Angeles.||(310) firstname.lastname@example.org|